The exact date of the building of the Huwiler Tower is not documented, but, according to the historian Linus Birchler, must be around 1524/25. Other sources give the date as 1519, and attribute the building to Master Builder Huwiler, but the name of the tower today refers to a later proprietor of the same name, who owned the tower in 1697. The tower was part of the third wall, built to defend the town but never put to the test. It was used to store gunpowder and other material.
Tip: The Huwiler Tower has been renovated and is available for hire to the general public for meetings and parties.
Address: Knopfliweg, 6300 Zug
Tel. +41 (0)41 711 29 29